Previously, on Five Talents
- Tie tried to help Gast by influencing Calvin through manipulating Karen. At the last second, something that terrifies even a Demon appeared with the chilling words: “Hey babe!”
- Director of Human Resources, Harry Anderson, was inadvertently immune to Gast’s memory wipe thanks to Hell’s oversight of LA Weekly paperwork. Harry turned the situation to his advantage to get a toe back in the editorial pool.
- Gast submitted himself, per Aba’s mandate, for an audit of his corporate expenditures by a Devil in Avarice, Pitch. He found that in Hell, being the best is actually the worst.
- Benny consults a former partner who’s found a new line of work on what to do about Sally, the botched drug deal, and the restaurant.
- Calvin tries to use his journalist’s instincts to get information from Matt.
- Tessa and Sally discuss the finer points of restaurant partnership with a mobster.
Chapter 25 – Confession
Chapter 26 – Splitting the Bill
Chapter 28 – The Via Fresca
New to the story? Earlier episodes are archived here. The full audiobook with all these and more will be released in June.