Previously, on Five Talents:
- Gast channeled his inner-sophomoric-meatsack and pined over Lilith’s reappearance to Sally and Tessa, finding time to give them both more information on his job as a Devil.
- Tessa’s job as an assassin, and her father’s role in the International Assassin’s Guild is revealed to Sally.
- Harry tried to convince Sam to offer Calvin a job as a salve for Felicia “jumping him,” but the Editor (under influence by one of Aba’s demons), is opting instead to keep Felicia and guide Calvin out to another job.
- The gang seeks refuge at Llewyn McFadden’s church, under the guise of theology students. Lilith encourages Calvin to just stick to her plan, write an article, and schedule it to send to the editor in chief the next morning.
- Lilith’s cohorts begin laying the groundwork for their own plan, with Pitch paying a visit to Eurydice for his piece, which brings about recollection of an infamous office Christmas party.
- Tie finds Benny’s lawyer, Craig, and plays on Craig’s innate lawyerliness to have the lawyer do some lawyering that should help the plan.
- Pitch and the gang lay the final pieces of the puzzle in place for Gast’s confrontation with Aba.
- Lilith does her own job as a whispering spirit to buy Calvin some time with the Editor in Chief at the LA Weekly.
- Gast finally confronts Aba Don head on.
Chapter 72 – A Little Party Never Hurt Nobody
Chapter 73 – Demonic Reconnaissance
Chapter 75 – Inter-Corporate Synergy
Chapter 76 – Editorial Discrimination
Chapter 77 – Upper Hand
New to the story? Earlier episodes are archived here. The full audiobook with all these and more will be released later this month.